Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 1 for Windows is now avaialble to download and you could use it to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G. Earlier, we posted on how to jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 1. Now here is how you could jailbreak iPod Touch 2G 4.1 firmware on Windows. Follow the steps given below to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.1 on Windows.
NOTE : Non MC Models only.
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta from here.
2. Download the iOS 4.1 firmware for iPod Touch 2G from here.
3. Update your iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4.1 using iTunes.
4. Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6 and browse to the iOS 4.1 firmware file.
5. Check the â€ Install Cydia â€ box and click â€ Next â€œ.
6. Now switch off your device but keep it plugged in to the computer.
7. Now go into recovery mode by pressing the power and buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button, but keep holding the home button until the iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.1 jailbreak process begins.
8. Now wait till Redsn0w finish the jailbreak process.
After the reboot, you will have a jailbroken iPod touch 2G in your hands running iOS 4.1.