The iOS 4.2.1 have been made public by Apple and is now available to download or update. One of the main features of this release is that the taste of iOS 4.2.1 also comes up for the iPad this time. It brings features like folders in iPad, Airplay, Airprint etc. If you want to update iPod Touch to iOS 4.2.1, here are the steps to do it.
You could update your iPod Touch to iOS 4.2.1 in two ways : Automatically and Manually.
Updating to iOS 4.2.1 Automatically Via iTunes
1. Download iTunes 10.1 from here.
2. Connect your iPod Touch to the computer.
3. iTunes shows an iOS 4.2.1 update message.
4. Click the “ Download and Update ” button to update iPod Touch to iOS 4.2.1.
Updating to iOS 4.2.1 Manually Via iTunes
1. Download iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for iPod Touch from here.
2. Download iTunes 10.1 from the above link.
3. Connect your iPod Touch to the computer.
4. Choose your device from the left sidebar.
5. Press the Shift key(in Windows) or the option key(in Mac OS X), click on the Restore button.
6. Now browse to the iOS 4.2.1 IPSW file and select it.
That’s it! Your iPod Touch will now be updated to iOS 4.2.1.