The iOS 4.1 firmware update was officially released by Apple for the public to download today morning. If you want to update your iPod Touch 2G/3G to iOS 4.1 firmware, then follow the steps given below to do it. But if you want to keep your jailbreak don’t update to iOS 4.1. But soon methods to jailbreak the devices will be available. Stay tuned for that.
1. Download iTunes 10 from here.
2. Connect your iPod Touch 2G/3G to the computer.
3. When the iTunes open up, you could see a message.
4. Click on the â€ Download and Install â€ button to automatically update iPod Touch to iOS 4.1.
1. Download iTunes from the given link (above).
2. Download the iOS 4.1 firmware for your iPod Touch 2G/3G from here.
3. Connect your device to the computer.
4. Choose your iPod Touch 2G/3G from the list on the left.
5. By pressing the Shift key(in Windows) or the option key(in Mac OS X), click on the Restore button.
6. Now browse and choose the iOS 4.1 firmware .ipsw file.
Thatâ€™s it! Now iTunes starts to update your iPod Touch 2G or 3G to iOS 4.1 firmware.