The iOS 4.2.1 have been made public by Apple and is now available to download or update. One of the main features of this release is that the taste of iOS 4.2.1 also comes up for the iPad this time. It brings features like folders in iPad, Airplay, Airprint etc. If you want to update iPad to iOS 4.2.1, here are the steps to do it.
You could update your iPad to iOS 4.2.1 in two ways : Automatically and Manually.
Updating to iOS 4.2.1 Automatically Via iTunes
1. Download iTunes 10.1 from here.
2. Connect your iPad to the computer.
3. iTunes shows an iOS 4.2.1 update message.
4. Click the “ Download and Update ” button to update iPad to iOS 4.2.1.
Updating to iOS 4.2.1 Manually Via iTunes
1. Download iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for iPad from here.
2. Download iTunes 10.1 from the above link.
3. Connect your iPad to the computer.
4. Choose your device from the left sidebar.
5. Press the Shift key(in Windows) or the option key(in Mac OS X), click on the Restore button.
6. Now browse to the iOS 4.2.1 IPSW file and select it.
That’s it! Your iPad will now be updated to iOS 4.2.1.