Thanks to the folks at XDA Developers who have released a custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD which will bring the Gingerbread Update. XDA Developers have mentioned that this is a personal ROM and kept close to the stock Android without much modifications.
Here is list of features that are included in this ROM.
- Additional camera resolutions
- Adhoc wifi support
- Browser user agent toggle
- Fix for LED notifications
- Full screen browser toggle
- Minimal google apps
- Uninstall apps by long holding icon in delete zone
Disclaimer: Tips Needed cannot be hold liable for the any damage caused. Proceed at your own risk.
Here is how to install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM on HTC Desire
- Root your HTC Desire.
- Download the ROM from here and copy it to the root of the SD card
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Now make a nandroid backup.
- Wipe the data, cache and Dalvik cache.
- Now install the file which we copied earlier to the SD Card.
- Reboot your device after the installation is complete.
The HTC Desire will have the much awaited Gingerbread features now! Do visit us again or subscribe to us to stay updated daily.