Not able to block dangerous scripts in Firefox? Then here is a way to do it. It is done with the help of a plugin named ‘NoScript’ which blocks all scripts.
There are a lot of problems caused by scripts like clickjacking, cross-site scripting attacks etc. A lot of these scripts work by injecting scripts in the web pages and also you might not even be knowing that they are there. This problem can be solved by installing the ‘NoScript’ plugin in Firefox. ‘NoScript’ will block all scripts from running until you authorize them. Follow the below given instructions for blocking scripts in Firefox.
1. Click here to get ‘NoScript’ and install it in your Firefox.
2. After installing it, you could see a button with a red coloured ‘S’ on it. Click on it and a menu will be shown.
3. With this menu, you could handle the scripts on the page you are currently on.
4. The safest way is not to allow any scripts at all. But some sites are not accessible without these scripts. So the second safest method could be applied i.e. to allow only the scripts you need and those you trust. The next safest method (perhaps less safe) is to temporarily allow all the scripts. The next safest method is to permanently allow the scripts, either individual scripts or all the scripts on a page. The worst method is to allow scripts globally. Better not to do it!
Note: You have to choose these methods wisely because it depends upon the way you search i.e. the type of web page you browse and also some other factors.
5. If you have allowed a paricular script and later if you want to block that script again, then you could choose to ‘Forbid’ to start locking it again.